Getting Started with the Guest File Exchange (Preferred)
Guest File Exchange is a secure way to transmit important tax-related documents to and from your preparer. If you have all of your documents ready, follow the steps below to navigate.
Uploading/Sending Files to Tax Time
- Click “Upload”
- Complete your information and select the preparer that you want to send your documents to.
- Click “Select” and choose the documents you want to send.
- Click “Upload,” and your documents are sent to your preparer.
We will contact you to let you know that we received your files!
Downloading/Receiving Files from Tax Time
- Open the email from your preparer and click the link to access your documents.
- Enter your email and last 4 of Primary Taxpayer’s SSN, and then “Submit.”
- Click “Download” to retrieve your documents (see the screen below).
For more information, please see the Tax Time Client Portal FAQ.